|[Position No Longer Available]||Forward Print|
|Position:||Water and Natural Resources Business Group Intern|
|Job Location(s):||Boise, ID|
|Start Date:||As soon as possible|
|Application Deadline:||Not specified|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Period of Employment:||Open|
|Type of Compensation:||Paid|
|Starting Salary Range:|
|College Credits Earned:||No|
|Required Student Status:||Open|
|Related Categories:||Environmental and Natural Resources, College and Internships|
|Title||Water and Natural Resources Business Group Intern|
|Location||USA - ID - Boise|
|Company||HDR Engineering, Inc.|
|An Affirmative Action Participant EOE M/F/D/V|
|Description||* HDR is currently in need of an intern to work as a member of our Water and Natural Resources Business Group in Boise, ID. |
* The successful candidate will perform assignments under the direct supervision of a professional engineer or Project Manager.
* Assignments may include:
o Prepare technical documents including preliminary engineering reports and specifications
o Perform hydraulic analysis to develop hydraulic profiles for sizing and selecting pumping equipment.
o Create detailed process and civil drawing plans for wastewater treatment facilities.
o Review shop drawings and requests for information for projects under construction.
|Requirements||* Enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate engineering program with an emphasis in wastewater and/or water quality.|
* Prefer candidate with at most two years remaining until receipt of civil engineering degree.
* Minimum GPA of 3.0.
* Must possess strong problem solving and communication skills.
* Able to work independently and with a project team to completion of a task.
* An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must.
* Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and Project).
* Experience with AutoCAD or related CAD/BIM software is preferred.
* Familiarity with wastewater treatment processes and technologies is a preferred.
This position may be subject to a pre-employment drug test and drug and alcohol testing during the course of your employment based upon HDR's Drug Testing and Drug Free Workplace Policy.