OVERVIEW AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Food Safety & Quality leads programs and provides technical expertise to ensure the safety, regulatory compliance and quality of General Mills food.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
Quality Associates will experience a 2-year rotational program that provides in-role experiences to build expertise in Food Safety and Quality, manufacturing, and people leadership. The QA will be a key team player on their assigned system(s), with no two days the same within the manufacturing facility. The variety of tasks include: evaluate and implement food safety and quality systems improvements; collect, analyze and interpret data to make FSQ decisions; and assess risk using problem solving techniques. While in this program, QA's will also develop a professional network with other early career employees within the facility and across the supply chain.
Upon completion of the program, QA's can apply internally for a next role, either at the same location or elsewhere. Starting assignments include a variety of manufacturing locations across the country.
Key FSQ Responsibilities
- Lead safety and quality strategy and take action to address gaps and effectively mitigate risk.
- Collaborate with internal business partners in R&D, Operations, Engineering, and Maintenance to validate manufacturing controls and system capability meet consumer and specification requirements
- Manage issues with non-conforming product including risk assessment, decision making, and analysis to eliminate future occurrences
- Protect General Mills' brands and engender consumer trust by ensuring the manufacturing of safe, quality food.
- Build Food Safety Culture and teach food safety programs
- Foster external relationships with regulatory, industry and audit agencies in support of global manufacturing
Interns will experience a robust 10-week program leading business critical projects. Assignments include a variety of manufacturing locations across the country.
IS THIS YOU?
- Great people who deliver outstanding results and are developing technical & business acumen
- Learning & cultural agility, curiosity & inventiveness are key in Food, Safety & Quality
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills, passion, enthusiasm, and professional maturity
- Pursuing any degree, but typically a B.S., M.S., or Ph.D degree in Food Science or Engineering (primarily Chemical / Food Process / Packaging / Industrial / Material Science)
HOW DO I APPLY?
Visit us at and search for "Internship - Food Safety & Quality Associate"
We exist to make food the world loves. But we do more than that. Our company is a place that prioritizes being a force for good, a place to expand learning, explore new perspectives and reimagine new possibilities, every day. We look for people who want to bring their best - bold thinkers with big hearts who challenge one other and grow together. Because becoming the undisputed leader in food means surrounding ourselves with people who are hungry for what's next.